Can’t make it to Infocomm’s conference this June? Here is your opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of networks and how AV applications operate within them with this advanced course.
InfoComm Networked AV Systems
Date & Time
July 26-28, 2016
NOTE: This is a three day course
It is strongly recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology before taking this course.
Who Should Take This Course
AV Professionals who design, implement, maintain or manage networked AV systems:
- Designers who use network infrastructure for signal transportation or control
- Installers who connect gear to a network or configure network settings
- Service providers who troubleshoot network-connected systems
- Candidates for any CTS® Certification needing extra study on networking
- Students intending to take the advanced course Networked AV Systems
- CTS RUs – 24
A core knowledge class for all AV professionals, Networking Technology teaches the basics of information technology and IP networking. You’ll learn to troubleshoot the network that supports your AV system.
Learn the basics of networking from an AV perspective.
- Review how to discuss AV network requirements with your IT stakeholders.
- Compare and contrast the most common network-based AV transmission protocols.
- Interpret IP addresses and subnets.
- Identify network security threats and countermeasures.
- Use common network diagnostic tools and perform basic network troubleshooting.